Miranda Skin Cancer Clinic
Our practice provides bulk-billed skin cancer checks and treatment to people located all around Sydney. With three highly trained and skilled skin cancer practitioners, our practice is able to offer the full range of treatment options in fully equipped and professional facilities. Skin cancer checks are quick and hassle-free. They play an important part in preventing and reducing the impact of skin cancer. Make an appointment today, call 9540 1044. We are conveniently located in the heart of the Sutherland Shire.
Do I need a skin check?
Our patients are people from all walks of life. Here are some of the factors that increase the risk of having a skin cancer:
- A family member has had a skin cancer treated
- You have been sunburnt in the past, particularly as a child
- You have used a solarium in the past, particularly under the age of 30
- You have a large number of moles on your body
- You work outdoors or have done so in the past
- You regularly pursue an outdoor sport such as cricket, golf, surfing, running, or swimming
- You have had a skin cancer before
- You have a very fair skin which burns easily
The Cancer Council reveals that more than 12,000 Australian men and women are diagnosed with a melanoma each year, as skin cancer accounts for over 80% of all new cancer cases in Australia. Early detection and regular screenings play a vital role in preventing and reducing the impact of skin cancer. Our experienced skin specialists have assisted patients throughout Sydney. No matter your age or the amount of time you spend outside in the sun, routine Skin Cancer Checks are a good idea.
What is involved with a skin check?
Like all good dermatologists and skin specialists in Australia, we use dermoscope to evaluate pigmented lesions in order to distinguish malignant skin lesions, such as melanoma and pigmented basal cell carcinoma, from benign melanocytic naevi and seborrhoeic keratoses. Skin cancer checks conducted by our specialised practitioners generally take 15 minutes. The doctor will then discuss the finding(s) with you and the possbile treatment(s). Why wait? Visit the Miranda Skin Cancer Clinic today!